Friday, October 16, 2015

Personal Response

I have chosen to write my rhetorical analysis about HONY. I chose to write on this text because the stories that people have have always interested me and HONY is basically one giant collection of these stories. By writing about HONY, I will be able to examine some of these stories and analyze them in a way that I never would if I did not choose to write about HONY. Writing about HONY will also give me the opportunity to examine and educate myself about some elements of photography, which is something I have always wanted to do, but I have never gotten around to it. This assignment gives me a reason to finally get around to this.

Image result for new york city
https://pixabay.com/en/manhattan-new-york-ny-nyc-268282/

My response to HONY was not an emotional one, but rather one of fascination. To me, reading the stories posted on the blog and viewing the pictures that go with them to be incredibly interesting; every time I saw a new picture or story, it made me want to continue looking at the blog and made me wonder what incredible story I could see on the next page. The variety of the people who were photographed and the various stories they told mad me think of the project as a type of min census; a way to take cross section of the diverse population of New York City that accurately represents the different types of people living in the city without having to talk to every person in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment