Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Discovering my Writing Process

I consider myself to be a strong technical writer but one with erratic process and a procrastination problem that limits how good my writing can be.
Image result for indiana jones
https://www.flickr.com/photos/28154346@N07/8077848448


I have changed my approach to writing this year because I have been forced to pre-write and draft for this class. Otherwise, I would not have changed my process.

The rhetorical analysis assignment caused me to change the way I look at writing rhetorical analyses which changed my approach to writing them.

My writing process usually looks like me furiously typing the first ideas that come to mind the night before an assignment is due. This changed this year because of the pre-writing and drafting that this class required.

I ended up having to try an organized approach that didn't involve doing entire assignments the night before they are due because of the structure of the class. I believe that this a more effective process than the one I had been using, but realistically, I will probably end up going back to my previous method whenever possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment