Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Reflection

After completing unit one of this class, I am able to look back on this unit and what it taught me about how I write and the writing skills I posses. This unit helped me to refine basic writing and research skills, but I was ale to learn a great deal about my writing process.
Image result for mirror
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror

During this unit I found that my writing process is incredibly disorganized. I started to realize this after writing the first draft of the QRG and then having to write a second draft; I found that it was very hard for me to edit and build off the first draft I had written. I found that I was able to work much better when ignoring my first draft completely and instead trying to apply the lessons I learned from it to a completely different paper. I also found this in my thought cluster; my ideas became jumbled and nonsensical when I tried to organize them in the cluster. I found it much easier to work with these ideas when I kept them in my mind rather than when they were "organized" in the cluster. This led me to realize just how haphazard my writing process is and that most of the time, organization in the writing process hinders rather then helps me. After realizing this, I was able to write my final QRG easily by embracing the seemingly disorganized approach to writing where I didn't write any outlines or drafts, but just wrote the QRG by combining my original ideas with what I had learned from my drafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment